This position is located in the Human Resources Management Service. The Human Resources Specialist in the Labor and Employee Relations section of Human Resources Management Service with the responsibility for planning, developing and carrying out the full range of employee relations and management advisory services for assignedLearn more about this agency
organizations typified by complex organizational structures and dynamic, professional and/or scientific missions.
- Providing technical guidance, advice and counseling to Management officials and Supervisors to address issues with workforce related to conduct and performance.
- Develops and conducts training and orientation programs for Management and employees in areas of, but not limited to: Drug Free Workplace Program, Reasonable Accommodation, Performance-Based Action, Annual Competencies, Leave Management, Labor Relations, Union Contracts, Grievances and Appeals, etc.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence on behalf of Management officials.
- Advises managers about appropriate disciplinary or other corrective techniques.
- Provides technical guidance, information, and assistance to Management and senior leadership officials on sensitive, serious, and controversial labor relations issues.
- Researches and interprets legal and regulatory program guidance to include case law, United States Code, Code of Federal Regulations and VA Handbooks and Directives.
- Responds to inquiries and procedures for disciplinary actions, grievances and appeals.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (ER/LR)/PD756-1011-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534595800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.