WHAT IS THE PRIVACY, GOVERNMENTAL LIAISON & DISCLOSURE (PGLD)DIVISION: PGLD is responsible for safeguarding and protecting sensitive taxpayer and employee information while promoting government transparency and accountability through better access to government information.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A DISCLOSURE SPECIALIST DO? As a Disclosure Specialist you will be responsible for contributing to the implementation of disclosure/privacy program for the organization, where you will assist in the review and dissemination of sensitive personnel issues involving labor-management relations and testimony authorizations. In this position, you will be required to make technical decisions that are independently researched and process cases where guidelines are not specifically applicable and where past precedent and practices must be applied. Your work will also consist of projects and studies that require analysis of the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of interrelated issues.
As a Disclosure Specialist you will:
- Develop, disseminate, and administer specific local programs, practices, and procedures in accordance with guidelines.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to customers on Disclosure/Privacy matters including the routine maintenance of files containing sensitive personnel and confidential issues to ensure proper Disclosure compliance.
- Coordinate, review and approve the release and non-release of information on all requests under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and the Privacy Act (PA) of 1974.
- Coordinate the exchange of Federal tax and other official information to ensure timely responses.
- Conduct training for the organization concerning the disclosure of information under the Disclosure/Privacy statutes.
- Initiate and maintain daily contact, written articles, and presentations to promote awareness of disclosure statutes (e.g., FOIA, PA, and Internal Revenue Code Section 6103)
- Plan and perform quality reviews in order to determine compliance with disclosure/privacy regulations, identify Disclosure/Privacy violations, and provide recommendations.
- Analyze results from safeguard, quality, and fact-finding reviews of agencies in possession of federal tax information and advise key agency officials with recommendations.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 TO 5 NIGHTS PER MONTH
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534582500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.