The position is the Area Manager and is located in the Office of Information and Technology, at the Northern Arizona VA Health Care System in Prescott, Arizona. The Area Manager provides leadership and resource management (finance, human, and acquisition), leading the development and implementation strategy required to manage multiple area-wide IT End User Operations.Learn more about this agency
DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY: This position is being filled using Direct-Hire Authority (5 CFR 337.205) for this occupation.
The Supervisory IT Specialist's responsibility focuses on the management of admin duties, IT technical customer support, and system compliance within the Northern Arizona Area. These duties and responsibilities include planning, developing, implementing, maintaining, providing technical, operational, and maintenance support. Additional duties include supervision of day-to-day operations for the voice and data infrastructure systems, computers, network, and telecommunication. The duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing the provision of the full range of IT services to support customer base and perform the mission.
- Overseeing and assuring interoperability, integration, and operations for the installed base of hardware and software, and continuity of operations., e.g., coordinating, implementing and maintaining the installation, configuration, troubleshooting and operation of customer hardware and applications, local area networks (LANs), dedicated communications lines, voice and video systems, connections to wide area networks, etc.
- Ensuring Area senior executive management and management officials have IT resources to perform command and control functions, particularly critical capabilities for emergency and disaster recovery efforts.
- Administering information systems security program and implementing information systems security procedures.
- Monitoring customer satisfaction, trouble ticket resolution and other data as needed to determine effectiveness of the program.
- Performing financial management and oversight of the IT Program, to include responsibility for resources budgeting, programming, and execution related to provision of IT services.
- Planning the work to be accomplished by the unit, to include, assigning work to employees, and establishing production or quality standards. Establishing and communicating guidelines and performance requirements.
- Performing administrative and human resources management functions for the unit.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (PLCYPLN)/11351O
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary in nature. Typically, the incumbent will sit to perform work functions, but there will be some walking, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching or carrying light items.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534543700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.