This position is located in the Office of Digital Strategy. The incumbent researches, recommends, and implements projects using social media, search engine optimization, and metrics analysis to improve the Voice of America's online initiatives, increase audience reach, and improve user experience. This responsibility extends across the digital operation, encompassing desktops, mobile phones and other portable devices.Learn more about this agency
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researches and analyzes available social and mobile media tools. This includes Twitter, Facebook, news aggregators, SMS messaging, YouTube, blogging, and other emerging forms of digital media.
- Manages advertising campaigns across entire agency using native and third party analytics tools. Tracks, monitors, and reports on paid search metrics. Interacts with services to tailor campaigns to specific news events or coverage areas. Measures the return on investment (ROI) on all paid campaigns to make recommendations for budget allocations per platform and per language service based on strategic importance and opportunities for growth.
- Acts as a social media expert and catalyst for creating new ways to use the media to carry out the organization's missions and goals.
- Performs work as the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) overseeing the procurement of new vendors that specialize in social media monitoring and working with the Office of Contracts through the entire process of writing Requests for Information, Statements of Work (SOW), Requests for Proposal, and vendor selection.
- As appropriate, serves as project leader on digital initiatives.
- Builds high-level contacts with social media companies in order to manage relationships on behalf of the entire agency to expedite verifications, gain access to new products, and build partnerships.
- Teaches the use of social media tools as a reporting tool, including proper methods of vetting. Uses background in journalism to teach sound practices and the proper place of user-generated content for all platforms, including radio and television.
- Educates and trains other agency personnel on the tools available to them, how they are used by other VOA divisions and other organizations, and suggests opportunities for new uses.
- Utilizes metrics tools to assess visits and page views, bounce rates, average time spent, geography of readership, and other relevant measures of success.
- Determines causes of problems and pursues opportunities and assessments regarding the division's use of online platforms.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534499600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.