Incumbent will serve as an IT Specialist in the Applications Systems Division of the Office of Information Systems Management (OISM) for NISTLearn more about this agency
Your application package may be shared with other selecting officials at NIST with opportunities like the one you are applying to. Additional selections may be made through this vacancy.
This announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the closing date.
The incumbent will serve as an IT Specialist in the Applications Systems Division (ASD) of the Office of Information System Management (OISM) for the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
The responsibilities of the incumbent are to:
• Coordinate efforts among OISM Divisions, NIST Operating Units and DOC Bureaus to fulfill the mission of Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) or other enterprise IT initiatives
• Customize and integrate with COTS, GOTS or cloud based enterprise service providers, such as Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, SailPoint Identity Governance and Cloud Identity Management Software, HR Connect, Database Applications, etc.
• Provide analysis of technical and non-technical factors related to defining business needs and constraints
• Design and develop system enhancements based on stakeholders' requirements
• Develop customized SOAP or RESTful web service based enterprise IT solutions
• Troubleshoot system issues and provide solutions or mitigations
• Maintain, support and keep stakeholders advised of unusual situations and potential problem areas, recommend courses of action, and implement corrective actions
The position requires the incumbent to have the excellent customer support and interface skills and to be able to analyze customers' needs and transfer them into system requirements. This technical position also requires the incumbent to work both independently and collaboratively to implement appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534478700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.