Serves as a Licensed Vocational Nurse GS-6 within the VA Long Beach Healthcare System (VALBHS) Community Living Center-Geriatrics and Extended Care Healthcare Group. The LVN has the knowledge and ability to provide a full range of vocational nursing care. Gives on-the-job training to new employees in accordance with established procedures and practices.Learn more about this agency
The duties of the Licensed Vocational Nurse in the CLC may include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs a full range of nursing procedures such as data collection that contributes to the assessment, vital signs, treatments, and specimen collection in accordance with nursing policies and procedures. These patients may have a variety of physical and/or behavioral issues.
- Handles, prepares, and administers medications and treatments, in accordance with policies and procedures and documents appropriately in the patient's medical record. Observes and evaluates for physical and/or behavioral changes from prescribed medications and treatments.
- Documents changes in patient's condition and reports these timely to the Registered Nurse and/or provider and initiates appropriate actions.
- Identifies subtle changes in physical and/or emotional conditions of the patients.
- Demonstrates practical knowledge of human behavior, motivation, and reactions to situations.
- Performs nursing treatments and procedures, which may include blood pressure monitoring, weight measurement, Other treatments and procedures may include insertion, care, and removal of urinary catheters, dressing changes on simple wounds, colostomy care, decubitus ulcer care; ear irrigations, enemas, following established policies and procedures. The nurse will complete applicable competency reviews before performing these treatments and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534453100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.