As a Food Service Worker, you will be a critical part of the team providing safe, clean facilities for our Veterans. You will be responsible for the nutritional health of the patients of the VA Central Iowa Health Care System. This position is located within Nutrition and Food Services.Learn more about this agency
The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing duties that require proficiency is special procedures and board knowledge of service operations, such as food preparation, dishwashing, dry and refrigerated storage, and food and beverage serving on a tray line.
- Making the final check of patient tray assembles for completeness, correct food temperature, and verify that food items on the tray are appropriate for the prescribed diet.
- Weighing and measuring food items and recipe ingredients.
- Using portion control scales and measuring devices to apportion individual items according to standardized recipes.
- Following directions in assembling, measuring, weighing, or mixing ingredients for supplemental feedings.
- Determines the quantities of ingredients needed to prepare required yields.
- Making conversions from the metric system to U.S. standard system.
- Providing patients with basic information about modified diets to help with menu selections such as carbohydrate counting.
- Prepares food to proper temperatures and maintains quality control and safety.
Work Schedule: various schedules (PT and Full-Time available)
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker - OCA/30135A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534442800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.