The incumbent is responsible for project management, administration, and execution of critical, high visibility Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) and Department of the Interior (DOI)-wide initiatives such as DOI performance activities. Initiatives regularly require coordination and cooperation among numerous functional areas such as FWS program offices, engineering, finance, budget, information technology, contracting and procurement, human resources, and cost and performance management.Learn more about this agency
- Develops annual and multi-year project plans, identifies system requirements, formulates budget requests, isolates existing constraints and possible challenges and vulnerabilities.
- Develops and maintains FWS-wide policies, procedures, and applications on major initiatives to include strategic communications plan to roll-out new initiatives and programs and developing and presenting training on project implementation.
- Briefs FWS senior management on program requirements, resource requests, and status updates.
- Evaluates project implementation and develops and implements corrective action plans to close identified gaps in project planning and implementation.
- Responsible for analyzing, evaluating and reporting FWS performance on and technical advancements regarding major initiatives.
- Represents FWS on DOI-wide teams.
- Partners with management, employees, and customers to serve and advance the mission of FWS and the JAO by ensuring consistent and reliable administrative and support services.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of FWS activities and stakeholders to anticipate and deal with potential and actual problems and encourages and displays an entrepreneurial spirit in addressing problems and improving organizational performance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534432000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.