This position reports to the Bureau Associate Chief Information Officer and the Departmental Chief Information Security Officer located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer of the Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. This position is accountable for collaboration on Departmental information technology security policy and implementation of the Department's IT Security Program within their respective Bureau.Learn more about this agency
- Supervise and resolve issues, and plans training for a highly technical IT security team critical to the protection of the Bureau and Departmental information assets.
- Responsible for the security of information and system supporting Bureau assets including budget formulation and execution, security auditing, security awareness training, business security policy, and compliance reporting.
- Oversee development of IT security policy within assigned Bureau that advances secure IT solutions and services residing on a reliable, secure, cost efficient and effective supporting infrastructure.
- Responsible for reporting and coordinating with the DOI Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) on the performance of the Bureau-wide IT security program and the development of Bureau IT security policies and procedures.
- Manage, regulate, assess and report of Bureau IT security and ongoing assessment for compliance with Department, Federal and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) policies, directives, guidelines and best practices, specifically section 3544 of FISMA.
- Ensure Bureau information system confidentiality, integrity and availability, and the prevention and defense against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Coordinate implementation of the Departmental IT Risk Management Framework, Assessment and Authorization, Assessment and Authorization, associated continuous monitoring; and serves as the primary Bureau contact on the Computer Security Incident Response.
- Provide oversight in the monitoring of all Bureau systems development and operations for the IT security compliance.
- Oversee IT security Audit and Risk Programs which includes systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534372000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.