This position is located in Office of Mission Support, Office of Grants and Debarment, Fellowships, Interagency Agreements and SEE Branch in Washington, DC. For more information on this office, visit their website: OMS
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
Except in special circumstances, those new to the federal government will be hired at the starting salary (step 1) of the applicable grade range listed above.Learn more about this agency
- Possess a working knowledge of and receives on-going training on Federal assistance statutes, applicable Executive Orders, various Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars and EPA assistance regulations, policies and published guidelines.
- Serve as a liaison and principal point of contact for decisions regarding receipt, award, management, and closeout of Headquarters assistance projects. The incumbent provides interpretation and clarification in difficult cases on all Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) administrative regulations, statutes and related policies for Headquarters assistance.
- Manage an assistance (grants and cooperative agreements) workload and/or interagency agreements (IAs) including receiving and reviewing applications, processing, and assistance agreements/IAs for award, monitoring and performing post-ward management activities, and closing out projects.
- Perform legal and administrative reviews of all assistance applications; determines compliance with EPA administrative regulations, statutes and related policies for Headquarters assistance.
- Provide assistance to EPA Headquarters technical scientific and administrative staff, and recipients and applicants in interpreting Agency policies and regulations such as Office of Management budget Circulars, payment procedures, and assistance versus acquisition issues.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
You will spend more than 50% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
Occasional travel - 1-5 days per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534337600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.