This position is located in the Office of Human Capital and Talent Management (HCTM), Human Capital Service Center (HCSC).
You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application may not receive full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined.
As an HR Specialist, you will:
- Assist with various options on recruitment types (e.g., internal, status, public, etc.) and other non-competitive appointments (e.g., VRA, Schedule A, etc.).
- Assist in the review of policies to evaluate effectiveness and/or prepare recommendations to
change policy within specialized HR areas.
- Provide recruitment and staffing services to multiple assigned USAID Bureau(s) and Independent Office(s)
- Advise hiring managers on appropriate hiring authority usage.
- Assist in writing job analysis and drafting vacancy announcements for final posting to USAJOBS website.
- Assist in reviewing incoming applications to announcements for eligibility and qualifications, establishing certificates of eligible candidates.
- On occasion, research Federal regulations, OPM and agency regulations to answer a variety of questions regarding HR support.
- Assist with coding a variety of personnel actions and conducting oversight and quality assurance of assigned portfolio team HR Assistants work in support of the assigned bureaus.
- Assist in staffing a wide variety of DEU/Merit and special appointing authority vacancies.
- Review and approve HR action requests for processing, and conducting quality reviews of completed actions for compliance and accuracy.
- Serve as a liaison with program administrative staff to deliver advisory services and completing the organizations HR requests.
13 - Full Performance Level is GS-13
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534300900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.