***Recruitment/Relocation incentives authorized***Learn more about this agency
The Office of the Chief of Staff at the VA Long Beach VA Healthcare System provides oversight and support to all clinical services throughout VA Long Beach Healthcare System. The Associate Chief of Staff for Informatics is responsible for supporting the Informatics and Analytics program at the VALBHS by managing and guiding the process by which clinical data is collected, organized, stored, and
transformed into information and knowledge.
A typical day in the life of the ACOS for Informatics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing overall supervision, oversight, direction, integration, and coordination of all activities required to support the delivery of quality, customer focused, cost effective services in a timely manner.
- Managing the optimization of the use of Healthcare Information Technology in the clinical environment to improve patient care.
- Establishing and managing an orientation and ongoing training program for clinical informatics staff.
- Overseeing the analysis of issues relevant to stakeholders in order to guide the use of technology and the creation of appropriate reports, tools, and clinical content.
- Providing expert guidance and direction for the delivery of timely, appropriate, and relevant end user training.
- Serving as chief advisor to executive leadership and can forecast Informatics budgetary needs.
- Serving as Chair of the Consult Management Committee and EMR (CPRS) committee.
- Providing expertise in the definition of performance, reliability, and availability of Health Information Systems
- Building beneficial relationships with academic affiliates and others to advance health informatics and analytics education and workforce development.
- Teaching and supervision of medical residents, medical students, and other professional trainees may be available.
- Providing administrative guidance in leadership, HR Management, Staff Management, Time / Leave Management, and Business Planning.
- Serving on various committees, task forces, etc., within VA, VHA, the VISN or Medical Center, or the local community.
- Providing accountability for program effectiveness and modification to enhance customer satisfaction for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing direct patient care in his/her specialty area approximately 20 to 40% of the time.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534296500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.