About the Position: This position is located within the Department of Human Resources at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda, MD. Incumbent provides support to WRNMMC by performing highly sensitive, technical duties relative to Command Personnel Security Program. Work is primarily sedentary and in a cubicle office setting.Learn more about this agency
Parking at WRNMMC is very limited and is primarily first come, first serve. The use of commuting alternatives is highly recommended.
- Utilize information systems to research and conduct preliminary investigation on applicants.
- Process requests for personnel security investigations and any special access requirements for civilian, contractors and military assigned to the medical treatment facility (i.e.Background Investigations, National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)).
- Initiate applications in accordance with instructions ensuring all background information is complete. Finalizes applications by gathering documentation and obtaining signatures
- Screen applications to determine eligibility of applicants and to ensure that applications are administratively correct.
- Utilize a variety of automated security systems such as PSIP, JPAS, PIPS and DSS in daily work; in addition to Microsoft office, Excel, WORD and Spreadsheets.
- Review and evaluate reports of investigations, personnel files, Security Forces Blotters/CID Reports and other records.
- Provide recommendations to higher graded Personnel Security Specialist to grant, deny, revoke, suspend, or restrict security access and/or clearance.
- Submits completed personnel security clearance packets to the Office of Personnel Management for background investigation and Central Clearance Facility for adjudication clearance granting.
- Receives and processes suspense request for Letters of Intent.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534265800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.