The incumbent will work under the direction of the Financial Specialist, doing a wide variety of financial, budgetary, and operational functions for the IAF. Because IAF is a small agency, your scope of work will be of a broader nature than similar positions in government with opportunity for involvement in a wide range of agency-level matters. The ideal candidate will be analytical, with a grasp of numbers and attention to detail, and has the ability to work with non-financial minded staff.Learn more about this agency
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves complex financial and budget-related policy issues, questions and problems related to the agency financial management program.
- Prepares analysis and estimates of annual funding needs. Prepares budget justifications and develops background data and documentation for OMB and/or Congressional appropriations committee?s presentations.
- Performs studies and audits on the control and use of funds throughout the year. Assures that obligations incurred expenditures of funds, and reporting of same are in accordance with pertinent laws and regulations.
- Analyses and forecasts the usage of funds within the agency. Prepares special analyses of fund expenditures as necessary. Evaluates the effect of cost and program changes on the budget execution process.
- Prepares a wide variety of reports including balance sheets, transparency reports, status of funds, expenses, obligations, FTE and workload. Computes and predicts effects of changes in operating programs.
- Conducts research and investigation into new or improved business and management practices and supports audit requirements.
- Performs a wide variety of assignments in support of the overall operations of IAF to include program areas such as procurement, operations/support services, and records management.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534240600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.