About the Position: Fort Meade is located between Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC and is home to 10,000 military personnel, 25,000 civilian employees and 6,000 family members. Fort Meade offers an exchange mall, commissary, fitness centers, library, jogging trails, and much more. Army employees at Fort Meade enjoy privileges such as child and youth care center, employee assistance program, Post Museum, Thrift Shop, discounted tickets for some community events and jogging trails.Learn more about this agency
- Perform professional engineering work in connection with construction projects and major repairs of buildings and structures, utility systems, surfaced area, storm water management, etc.
- Investigate building and infrastructure deficiencies.
- Develop corrective actions on project plans and designs.
- Prepare cost estimates, man-hour estimates and material estimates for design projects.
- Serve as Contracting Officer Representative performing quality assurance and assisting in negotiations for the task orders and other contract actions.
- Prepare acquisition plans, project objective statements, and statements of work for engineering services.
- Review reports of engineering calculations, analysis and design work by architect to ensure designs meet the intent.
- Interact with other agency designers, project managers and top agency official to resolve conflicts in criteria, development, design and contracting strategies.
- Review plans and specifications accomplished by architectural/engineering firms to assure conformity with established technical practices and codes.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534170700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.