The dietitian is the medical nutrition expert for outpatient clinical nutrition and MOVE services in Nutrition & Food Service (N&FS), Colorado Springs, CO. The incumbent is responsible for independently planning, developing and directing all nutrition care activities for assigned clients, including those with complex medical and nutritional needs.Learn more about this agency
- Assesses nutrition, behavioral and physical activity needs of MOVE Program patients through analysis of patient histories and the MOVE!
- Conducts a comprehensive nutrition assessment for any patient at nutrition risk. Accurately obtains and interprets information including laboratory data, nutrition focused physical exam, reported information from the patient, weight, food intake, fluid intake, prescription drug, over the counter supplements, behavioral information, mental health etc. pertinent to the patient's nutrition care to determine risk, assess nutrition acuity of case and develop individual specialized nutrition interventions.
- Develops nutrition interventions, which includes medical nutrition therapy and is referred to as part of care plans when working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Monitors patients progress, conduct nutrition re-assessments evaluating patient's response to prior nutrition interventions, create new interventions.
- Calculates nutrition requirements (calories, protein, carbohydrate, lipid, vitamins, electrolyte, fluid, vitamins), recommends meals plans and/or inpatient diet orders tailored to each individual patient's needs.
- Considers the whole picture for nutrition interventions such as but not limited to medical information, calculated nutrition requirements, cultural factors, age factor, and patient desires.
- Provides nutrition education and counseling for individuals and groups. Education may or may not be part of a full nutrition assessment.
- Evaluates achievement of learning objectives by the patient and/or family. Evaluates barriers to learning and receptiveness.
- Adapts nutrition education materials and counseling techniques to client's level of understanding, which frequently involves simplifying complex dietary restrictions.
- Modifies education techniques based on the patient's individual social, psychological and cultural profile.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534169200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.