The incumbent is assigned to a unit or section with/in the T2 ward SCI HCG. The incumbent practices in a complex patient care setting with minimal supervision. The incumbent is accountable as assigned a primary nurse or a team leader for a defined group of patients on his/her shift or for an entire episode of care. Based upon education and experience, this nurse may provide direct supervision and be assigned as a preceptor or shift charge nurse.Learn more about this agency
The major duties of the position includes, but are not limited to:
- Responsible and accountable for the provision of direct patient care and for the delivery of quality nursing care to a culturally diverse veteran patient population.
- Apply all aspects of the nursing process within a collaborative, interdisciplinary practice setting.
- Provide care appropriate to age related needs of patients served in the assigned area of practice.
- Communicate and interact appropriately and courteously with all internal and external customers.
- Maintain confidentiality of electronic, written, and/or verbal patient/employee information.
- Demonstrate working practices that include adherence to infection control standards and the safe use and operation of equipment.
- Responsible for being self-directed in the delivery of patient care under moderate to close supervision and instruction by the registered nurse.
- Provides general supervision and approves leave for Patient Care Service RNs.
- Delivers safe care to assigned patients, while developing technical competencies.
- Formulates a plan of care based on nursing assessments, using the nursing process, based on the ANA Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Maintains professional boundaries with patients, families, and employees.
- Safeguards patient privacy and maintains confidentiality of all electronic and printed patient information according to HIPAA guidelines, the Privacy Act, and as stated in the Medical Center Memo on ADP Security.
- Complies with safety rules and regulations for safe job performance and fire protection.
- Conserves resources effectively by using supplies and equipment in a responsible manner; ensuring employees follow appropriate standard operating procedures related to the equipment, devices, and work practices that impact or have the potential to impact the environment.
- Collaborates with patients, families, health care practitioners, and health care leaders in policy and program development, implementation, and evaluation, as well as in the delivery of care.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: Not Authorized
PCS Authorized: No
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534168900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.