The Registered Nurse will perform clinical duties as directed by the Associate Director for Patient Care Services through the Deputy Associate Director for Patient Care Services/Acute Care, Deputy Associate Director for Patient Care Services/ Long Term Care, designated Associate Chief of Nursing Service and Nurse Manager (or designee).Learn more about this agency
The Registered Nurse will provide safe, basic care at the G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical, including but not limited to the following duties:
1. Adheres to established policies, standards of care and standards of practice
2. Demonstrates leadership when providing nursing care
3. Serves as a role model when assigned as team leader or charge nurse under the supervision of the Head Nurse or designee.
4. Applies the nursing process to systems or processes at the unit/team/work group level to improve care
5. Demonstrates leadership by involving other in improving care.
6. Supports and enhances client self-determination.
7. Serves as a resource for clients and staff in addressing ethical issues.
8. Identifies and assesses resource utilization and safety issues, taking appropriate action.
9. Acquires knowledge and skills to maintain expertise in area of practice.
10. Uses group process to identify, analyze, and resolve care problems.
11. Initiates/participates in quality improvement activities that result in improved outcomes.
12. Uses a body of research to validate and/or change work group practice.
Work Schedule: Day (7:30 am - 4:00pm) and/or Evenings (3:30 pm - 12:00 midnight) including weekends and holidays rotation. This may change at the discretion of the agency
Functional Statement Title/#: Registered Nurse/000000
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): Authorized (if funding is available)
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements, and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534158400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.