About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is assigned to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Military Community and Family Policy (DASD (MC&FP), Assistant Secretary of Defense for Manpower and Reserve Affairs (M&RA), Office of the Under Secretary of Defense, Personnel and Readiness (USD (P&R)).
This position is located at the Mark Center Building in Alexandria, VA. The Mark Center is the new location for the Washington Headquarters Services of the US DoD and a number of other DoD agencies.
- Conduct needs assessment through established feedback mechanisms of military services and/or reserve component program managers.
- Deliver presentations to audiences on services available for service members and/or their families.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of program and regulatory requirements, management principles or the application of technology to community support programs
- Develop policies advancing programs in support of service members and/or their families for use by others within or outside the organization.
- Establish and nurture relationships with national, state, local, and military leaders with vested interests in improving quality of life for service members and their families.
- Initiate partnerships with military services and reserve components to resolve a variety of complex issues involving service members and their families.
- Develop a variety of programs, services, and training responsive to the special needs of service members and their families.
- Review assigned programs for potential efficiencies based on joint service initiatives and/or federal partnership opportunities.
- Develop content for search engine optimization, user experience and/or customer conversion.
- Direct and shape policies, media and community relations strategies, and production of communications materials.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% Business Travel required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534099300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.