Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, we serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, we secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and public transit systems, thus protecting our transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about our agency please: Click Here.
The Executive Director, Mission Operations, Information Technology (IT) serves as a technical expert for TSA on matters involving vetting technologies and vetting program management, technology infrastructure modernization, technology solutions, and classified technology services. The Executive Director, Mission Operations provides innovative and expert leadership in the establishment and implementation of comprehensive intelligence and vetting systems and the technology infrastructure, services and support essential to the organization’s mission to provide security professionals with timely and actionable information through effective technology systems and analytical tools.
High level duties include:
- Providing day-to-day executive leadership and operational oversight and direction to IT’s three technology divisions that support TSA’s intelligence mission and risk-based vetting systems; exercises broad authority and responsibility for administrative and management policies, strategic planning, and program operations in the varied administrative functions.
- Working closely with the Assistant Administrator and Deputy Assistant Administrator for Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), Enrollment Services and Vetting Programs (ESVP) to help define, plan, direct and manage TSA’s vetting requirements, goals, and objectives linked to the DHS Strategic Plan, the Aviation Transportation Security Act and other legal authorities. Leading collaboration efforts between the I&A, IT, and ESVP offices to ensure Risk-Based Security vetting is properly supported and conducted.
- Leading the development of the TSA Information Technology blueprint supporting the TSA Strategy and Administrator’s Intent.
- Overseeing the development and execution of major programmatic and technology change management initiatives that directly enable the organization to meet both emergent and strategic TSA intelligence and vetting requirements.
- Leading internal and external agency, Cross-Departmental, strategic initiatives and policy alignment related to security and vetting operations.
- Leading the development, operation and maintenance of robust, leading edge technology support threat assessments and enable domain awareness for TSA’s risk-based security processes and practices.
- Promoting the advancement of IT within TSA to drive the use of technology, evolution of best practices, and identification of technology trends that support the fulfillment of the TSA mission through collaboration and knowledge sharing with senior management, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Leading strategic planning and execution to achieve TSA and IT goals by identifying prioritized initiatives, setting timetables for the evaluation, development and deployment of IT services; assessing and ensuring that TSA internal technological policy processes and customer-facing services comply with customer expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
- Identifying technology trends and emerging technologies that can be incorporated into the TSA technology strategy to improve performance and/or efficiencies within TSA mission operations.
- Assessing TSA risks and opportunities in implementing technology to assess obstacles that may hinder the successful execution of the strategy vision in support of mission operations.
- Establishing governance processes of direction and control, measurement of value to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization’s resources are used strategically in all areas of IT delivery supporting of mission operations.
Occasional travel - Position requires occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534041900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.