This Licensed Practical Nurse position is located in the Primary Care (Blue) Clinic of the Salt Lake City Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The incumbent serves as an integral part of the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT). The PACT LPN works under the direction of an RN and reports to the clinic manager.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
***If you are a current VA employee please apply to vacancy 10503629***
The LPN possesses the knowledge and skills to perform, report, and record assigned nursing care in the Primary Care Clinics, including, but not limited to:
- Oxygen therapy
- Medication administration to include IV fluids [if certified]
- Phlebotomy performance and specimen collection
- Focuses on clinic visits, exams and treatments with provider
- Uses motivational interviewing and health coaching to guide patients in order to promote patient self-management toward individualized life plan of care.
- Reviews daily schedules for patient care needs
- Attends and contributes to Team huddles
- Assists with triage: messages from patients and face -to-face visits
- Processing Clinical reminders with appropriate consults and alerts as indicated
- Pre- visit contacts
- Check expiration dates of meds and supplies
- Delegated procedures and treatments
- Assists with coordination of group visits
- Assists with orientation: PACT patient orientation and new staff.
- Assists with minor procedures, including obtaining and arranging necessary equipment, positioning patient, ensure comfort and privacy. Monitors patient during the procedure.
- Additional non Primary Care tasks will be assigned on an ongoing basis, based on skill set and availability.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534023700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.