View Common Definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of Acquisition Management, Washington, DC.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement. Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
- As a Contract Specialist you will perform the following duties:
- Solicitation, administration, close-out and termination of purchase orders and contracts;
- Acquiring a wide variety of commodities including but not limited to furniture, telecommunication equipment, ammunition and surveillance equipment;
- Purchasing and/or managing a variety of service contracts including IT support services, financial management services, detention management services and guard services;
- Developing, implementing and reviewing contracting plans for pre-award, post-award, price/cost analysis and a wide variety of procurement activities;
- Providing technical advice, guidance and legal interpretation in all areas of contracting.
- You will be assigned to support a designated contracting section within the Office of Acquisition Management (OAQ). We are seeking competent, experienced and mission-focused Contract Specialists for assignments in the following areas:
- Information Technology Division (ITD): The ITD provides procurement services for Automated Information Systems (AIS), approved Information Technology (IT) services requirements and Private Branch Exchange (PBX phone systems.
- Detention, Compliance and Removals (DCR): The DCR division provides acquisition support to ICE Headquarters and Field Offices throughout the country for detention, along with ancillary services and supplies in support of the ICE mission.
- Mission Support (MS): The MS Washington contracting division awards and administers contracts and interagency agreements for a broad range of supplies and services and provides mission-based acquisition support to various program offices.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534020900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.