This position is part of the Region 4 Lands and Minerals staff and is responsible for supporting landownership adjustments (purchase, land exchange and conveyances) as well as special uses, Forest Legacy, and other agency functions.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Kraig Frome at 801-625-5367 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide valuation services including consultation, appraisal, and appraisal review in support of Forest Service programs.
- Provide advice and guidance on real property appraisal issues, including technical advice and guidance to federal and private contract appraisers and agency personnel in regards to Federal Laws and Forest Service appraisal policy.
- Review appraisal reports, as assigned by Regional Appraiser and within delegated authority, for Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and the Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisitions compliance.
- Provide guidance in valuation of mineral, timber, resort, conservation easement, rights-of-way, and other complex real property categories involved in proposed exchange, voluntary acquisition, conveyance, lease, or special use authorization cases.
- Coordinate with other federal appraisers, private sector appraisers, and professional organizations involve in real estate appraisal and valuation programs.
- Communicate orally and in writing on projects where valuation requirements and results are of significance to Forest Service staff and authorized officers, landowners, and partners.
25% or less - 25% or less - One week per month, on average, with some overnight travel for technical field appraisal reviews in various Forest locations across the region.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534008000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.