You will serve as a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist in the US Department of Transportation (DOT), Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), Office of Administration, Human Resources Division, Classification and Staffing Team. You will also work with team members to ensure that managers of the organization serviced receive accurate, high quality and timely human resource management services.Learn more about this agency
The Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (Staffing, Recruitment and Classification):
- Serves as a supervisor to HR Staff members.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates.
- Evaluates work performance of subordinates.
- Provides customer service to managers; employees; and applicants to assist them in addressing issues regarding Staffing; Recruitment; and, Classification satisfactorily throughout the process.
- Reviews and evaluates the levels and accuracy of personnel actions and takes corrective actions to correct and resolve errors of actions.
- Processes actions through appropriate databases.
- Performs thorough analysis of operating procedures and mission requirements to accurately identify problems and to devise feasible and long-term solutions.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with PHMSA Senior Leadership; Program Managers; and, Administrative Officers to achieve staffing and recruitment goals.
- Gives lectures, briefings, and verbal and written formal and informal presentations on quality assurance and issues.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned and politically savvy HR professional with experience in managing HR Services (Staffing, Recruitment, and Classification) while working to lead change; implement entrepreneurial human capital strategies; and, building a HR Customer focused value driven organization.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533998000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.