As a Legislative Liaison at the GS-0301-14, you will be part of National Background Investigations Bureau, Office of Personnel Management. Selectee will be responsible for serving as a Hill Outreach Liaison under the direction of the Chief, Communications, and Congressional Affairs. Also responsible for providing legislative policy advice, guidance, and recommendations on all legislative issues; and supports the development, planning, and implementation of NBIB's legislative priorities.Learn more about this agency
- Interfaces with Congress, congressional staff, the Office of Management and Budget, the Office of Personnel Management, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, other policy professionals, and government agencies.
- Serves as a Hill Outreach Liaison and focal point for legislative matters, which may become the subject of congressional interest, inquiry, or investigation.
- Works with Congressional officials to improve awareness of the mission, or influence the legislative process in support of the NBIB business model.
- Updates/refers matters requiring special attention or issues that may require precedent-setting decisions to the Office Chief for resolution.
- Collaborates with team members to formulate a position and manage staff actions that support the development of the Bureau's posture to Congress. Prepares senior leaders for Congressional Hearings, meeting(s) with members of Congress, and/or pertinent congressional committee staff members.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence and reports such as position papers, fact sheets, inserts for the record, testimony, and letters to Members of Congress or Congressional Committees in response to written and oral inquiries from Congress or tasking.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533966300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.