This position is located in the Office of Litigation Support (OLS), one of six service offices within the Executive Office of the Environment and Natural Resources Division (ENRD). OLS provides a full range of services including, but not limited to providing (1) budget/financial contract management, (2) automated litigation support, (3) oversight of contract litigation support services, and (4) guidance to trial attorneys, paralegals and legal support staff on e-discovery best practices.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with Ann# ENRD-19-041-MP for employees with Federal status or eligibility and applicants eligible for special appointment authorities. Please review that announcement to determine if you are eligible to apply. Note: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement.
As a Litigation Support Specialist (Case Manager), you will be required to:
- Create, compile, organize and submit routine status reports on cases, as well as special financial reports related to case funding, in a timely fashion to OLS management, Executive Office (EO) staff, Section management and partnering agencies.
- Analyze and assess the functionality, as well as cost, of various litigation support requests from case teams, including those related to on-site support for trials in federal courts across the country.
- Provide litigation support, discovery, and e-Discovery guidance to one or more Sections of ENRD, including assistance: collecting forensically sound data in response to discovery requests; preparing plan for review and production of relevant data; and finalizing pretrial and trial related tasks as required by the court.
- Have direct knowledge of software applications used for the processing of electronic data, as well as those used to present evidence electronically at trial.
- Serve as a certified Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) for assigned vendors providing litigation support services under the Department's cross-component litigation support contract.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533954500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.