WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See “Other Information” for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT & PROGRAM ANALYST DO? As a Management & Program Analyst you will serve as an analyst, evaluator and advisor to management on the effectiveness, efficiency or productivity of assigned program operations. You will conduct analytical studies and/or projects to resolve substantive problems or improve effectiveness and efficiency of the operating line and administrative programs.
As a Management & Program Analyst you will:
- Accomplish various analytical studies and/or projects to resolve substantive problems.
- Prepare action plans for project accomplishments and ensure that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies.
- Analyze project data, requirements, identify problem areas and determine resolutions.
- Perform complex operational reviews and prepare comprehensive program evaluations.
- Prepare feasibility studies, directives, policy statements, written guidelines and recommendations and conduct briefings to communicate findings.
- Develop changes in methods, procedures, and techniques to improve baseline measures.
- Conduct studies of employee/organizational efficiency and productivity.
- Monitor status and resources to meet goals and objectives and recommend adjustment of work plans and resources for project accomplishment.
- Plan, coordinate, and establish operating methods and procedures for accomplishment of project assignments.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533935100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.