This is a Medical Supply Technician (Sterile Processing) position for Veterans Health Administration (VHA) in the Sterile Processing Service of the Salt Lake City George E. Wahlen Hospital. The incumbent of this position will be supporting the decontamination, preparation and distribution of the hospital's critical and semi-critical reusable (RME) medical equipment. This is not a supply ordering position, it is a medical sterilization position.Learn more about this agency
**Federal Employees please use announcement CASC-10514314-19-KC**
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide sterile preparation of supply items and reusable medical equipment.
- Prepare reusable medical equipment.
- Prepare surgical trays and sets.
- Receive and disassemble instrumentation avoiding damage.
- Work with a wide range of medical and surgical cleaning devices, including instrument washers and sterilization equipment.
- Use brushes and cleaning agents appropriate to clean lumens, serration and grooves.
- Operate ultrasonic, instrument washer/sanitize, and cart washer equipment.
- Assemble sets by instrument recognition and referencing surgical specialty data cards.
- Determine appropriate method of sterilization and operate low temperature and/or steam sterilizers correctly.
- Correctly label sets and individual instruments and accurately document test results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment Incentives: May be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533923800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.