This position is located at the Department of Veterans Affairs, Salt Lake City Hospital. It may be located in the Acute Med 2 East department or in the Float Pool. The primary purpose of the position is to perform a very wide range of patient personal care, diagnostic services, treatment, charting activities and administrative duties on an acute medical/surgical unit. This announcement may also be used to recruit for other nursing assistants for other sections in the hospital.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Works directly with patients and observes them on a 1:1 basis in an inpatient setting on a unit.
- Assisting in the care of medical and surgical patients by supporting patient activities for daily living (ADLs).
- Operating equipment (Vital sign machines, EKGs, Bladder Scans, etc.).
- Establishes therapeutic relationships with patient and families.
- Perform procedures such as venipuncture, finger sticks, and wound dressings.
- Monitor and chart patient status in compliance with applicable laws and local policies, and properly report any abnormal findings to designated Nurse or Medical staff.
- Submits work orders for broken equipment, and properly stores and cleans equipment.
- Communicates with patient and family members about care, and ensure all communications comply with HIPAA and applicable laws and regulations.
- Collecting and transporting patient specimens for the laboratory.
- Completes hazardous items checks of unit, patients, and their belongings.
- Understands and uses proper medical terminology.
- Transporting patients to other areas of the hospital and returns to proper unit bed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533919800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.