The incumbent serves as a Staff Accountant; working to improve Treasury’s financial management through reporting, transparency, automation, and data analytics. The primary purpose of the position is to perform accounting, analysis and reporting to maintain and coordinate financial and related systems within the Office of the Deputy CFO’s Financial Systems Integration team. The incumbent exercises their expertise in budget, accounting, and project management.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Perform accounting, analysis, project management, and reporting to maintain financial related systems within the Office of the Deputy CFO. Prepare or advise on journal entries and other accounting transactions.
- Provide guidance and advice on accounting issues when requested by OMB and government-wide accounting and provide feedback on deliberative memoranda from OMB.
- Support data related initiatives within Treasury that rely upon financial data and business decision support for analytics
- Analyze and affect changes to large, complex accounting and financial management systems, provide analysis to improve the quality of financial management reports and services.
- Provide sound advice to financial and program managers and other accountants on difficult accounting issues and problems related to the Department’s financial management reporting.
- Conduct special projects, studies, tasks, and other assignments using a project management approach, as required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533907700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.