***Recruitment/Relocation incentives authorized***Learn more about this agency
The Chief, Medicine Healthcare Group (HCG) is responsible for the medical care provided to Veterans within the Medicine HCG at VA Long Beach Healthcare System (VALBHCS) which encompasses Medicine Inpatient and Specialty Care Services, including but not limited the subspecialties of Internal Medicine, Inpatient Care, ICU, Hospitalists, Emergency Department, Dermatology, Neurology and Administration or as otherwise assigned by the Chief of Staff.
A typical day in the life of the Chief of Medicine include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervising on-board personnel, evaluate prospective new hires, oversee compliance with all applicable regulations, addressing patient complaints, credentialing and peer-review issues, and inquiries and investigations from Congress, the White House, VA Central Office, and national investigative bodies.
- Participating as a member and/or leader of Medicine and TR?VAMC -wide committees responsible for peer review, accreditation, and systems redesign and quality improvement projects, as assigned by the Office of the Chief of Staff.
- Providing direct patient care in his/her specialty area approximately 20-30% of the time; or as approved by the Chief of Staff, which includes documentation of care will be in accordance with the bylaws, policy, and regulations established by the VA and TRVAMC or the facility in which the care is provided; completing all VA reports on patients examined to include appropriate CPT codes and diagnosis.
- Functioning part-time as an educator for medical and other health care trainees including students, resident physicians and fellows as part of his/her duties as a member of the department.
- Presenting formal educational material from time to time in various venues such as Grand Rounds, etc.
- Teaching, both didactically and by example, his/her supervises' appropriate professional behavior and correct procedures for maintaining records, evaluating and monitoring personnel, and other administrative functions.
- Mentoring junior faculty, fellows, and others on research projects that they wish to develop.
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533861700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.