This position is located in the Operations division of the Human Capital Management Office, Office of Executive Director, Federal Trade Commission, and involves technical work in support of several human resources specializations.Learn more about this agency
The selectee will perform technical support work related to staffing, recruiting, position classification, pay administration, personnel action processing, and employee benefits. In this regard the selectee:
- Advises employees about basic personnel matters, and conducts research and provides technical answers to inquiries from employees and officials about their pay, benefits, or other personnel/payroll consideration. This may require examining any of the myriad, interrelated records in the Federal Personnel Payroll System (FPPS), the electronic system owned by the Department of the Interior and used under contract by FTC, and/or contacting FPPS program managers in Denver to identify problems and coordinate resolution of issues.
- Determines employee benefits entitlements and options, and counsels employees accordingly; resolves problems and discrepancies in employee records;
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding personnel-related actions; reviews, codes, and processes personnel requests/forms relevant to the assignment;
- Reviews, monitors, and processes personnel actions through FPPS;
- Resolves difficult personnel and pay problems and provide advice and assistance employees and to specialists;
- Establishes, maintains, and purges, as appropriate, Official Personnel Files, Employee Performance Files, and office subject files;
- Coordinates with other agency offices as necessary to accomplish employee in-and out-processing;
- Coordinates with other agencies as necessary to locate, acquire, and transfer OPFs and EPFs, and to review and consolidate information and take appropriate action (such as re-computing Service Computation Dates);
- Provides clerical and technical support in recruitments;
- Recommends new or improved procedures to facilitate office efficiency, prepare periodic or special reports, and perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533856700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.