Recruitment/Relocation incentive may be authorizedLearn more about this agency
This position is located in Medical Service at the Martinsburg Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Incumbent will be directly accountable to the Hospitalist Section Chief.
- Incumbent will work with the Hospitalist on the inpatient wards.
- Demonstrate leadership and accomplishment when providing support to the Hospitalist Section Chief.
- Clinical management of patients may include skills necessary for stabilization of acute complications and may include the initiation of basic life support.
- Requires good interpersonal skills.
- Obtain admitting histories and perform physical examinations, perform consultations, conduct patient rounds, document progress notes and summaries in patient record and write orders on assigned patients.
- Provide and coordinate medical care for assigned patients in inpatient medical setting, including establishing diagnoses, formulate and implement care plans, and provide follow-up care.
- Order diagnostic studies and other special tests, such as MRI and CT scans, etc.
- Carry out health promotion, disease prevention, and patient education activities.
- Order or obtain laboratory specimens.
- Admit and discharge patients in consultation with, and on behalf of, the collaborating physician affiliated with the hospitalist service.
- Order ancillary services, such as, pharmacy, social services, physical medicine, and rehabilitation therapies, prosthetic services, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
This is not an all- inclusive list of duties.
Work Schedule: 11 am - 11 pm 7 days on 7 days off
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533791000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.