This position is located in the Office of Pipeline Safety, Office of Standards and Rulemaking. The Office of Standards and Rulemaking manages the regulatory agenda; manages program standards; responds to mandates from General Accounting Office, National Transportation Safety Board, DOT Office of the Inspector and Congress; manages requests for waivers and Special Permits; issues interpretations; and manages program participation in national consensus standards organizations.Learn more about this agency
As a Technical Writer, you will:
- Provide writing and editorial services in the development of rulemaking actions, interpretations, Special Permits, State Waivers involving the pipeline safety regulations. Provide writing and editorial services in the development of supporting materials in connection with such documents including environmental and economic impact statements that accompany such documents.
- Prepare proposed and final rulemaking documents, interpretations, Special Permits, State Waivers involving the pipeline safety regulations including evaluation of public comments in accordance with office policy and objectives. Work with staff to develop factual information necessary to meet regulatory requirements and to prepare draft interpretations of pipeline safety regulations.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts and input sources to ensure that important trends, relationships and significant facts are developed and expressed clearly.
- Maintain close relationship with pipeline personnel and legal staff to obtain input on proposed regulatory changes. Participate in various working groups to ensure that the Office is kept abreast of recommendations and activities that could have an impact on assigned programs.
- Analyze data on pipeline safety incidents including cause of failure to identify regulatory deficiency and make recommendations for revisions to regulations. Assist in responding to external mandates including but not limited to safety recommendations from the National Transportation Safety Board.
This position is perfect for career level Technical Writer who is looking for challenging assignments and who has been involved in the development and review of rulemakings, policies and procedures related to pipeline safety. As a Technical Writer in the Office of Standards and Rulemaking, you will participate in the development of rulemakings, Advisory Bulletins, Interpretations and other documents that carry out our national policy and initiatives related to environmental and social impact of pipeline safety.
25% or less - Some travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533783800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.