This position is located in the Office of Ship Operations, Office of the Deputy Associate Administrator for Federal Sealift, Office of the Associate Administrator for Strategic Sealift, Maritime Administration (MARAD).
This position is established to develop policy and monitor policy compliance relating to the daily management of the Ready Reserve Force (RRF) and National Defense Reserve Fleet (NDRF) program.Learn more about this agency
The Program Analyst:
- Independently performs assignments requiring the application of fundamental principles, concepts, techniques, and guidelines relative to planning, analyzing, and/or evaluating the effectiveness of programs.
- Gathers summary data sources of information from the Office Divisions, develops the Office of Ship Operations Annual Report, provides edits to the MARAD Annual Report, and helps to maintain the RRF and NDRF history.
- Performs administrative functions in support of Ship Manager Contracts, General Agency Agreements, and Quality Assurance Programs.
- Assists in the review of internal processes and procedures and makes recommendations for improvements to promote efficiency and cost savings.
- Performs quality assurance checks on policies relating to how program records are stored and shared among office components.
The ideal candidate has the understanding and experience in the application of fundamental principles, concepts, techniques, and guidelines relative to planning, analyzing, and/or evaluating the effectiveness of programs as they are applied to various support programs. The individual has the skills in conducting detailed analysis and evaluating compiled dates to make written recommendations to enhance National Defense Ready Reserve Flee (NDRF)/Ready Reserve Force (RRF) operations management.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533752600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.