Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.Learn more about this agency
- Performs minor plumbing repairs such as tightening or replacing in-kind fittings and fixtures which do not require custom fitting or solder joints; replaces faucet washers; unplugs drains using a plunger; replaces liquid petroleum gas bottles.
- Makes minor repairs to chemical toilets, restrooms, and other picnic or visitor facilities.
- Performs minor carpentry work such as replacing broken planks on picnic tables; broken windows using pre-cut stock; minor adjustments or replacements of hinges, latches, and catches.
- Performs minor painting using brush and roller according to specific instructions on projects where appearances are not critical, such as staining picnic tables, and painting trash barrels.
- Performs routine maintenance on picnic sites and trails; regrades and resets barriers to restore areas to original appearance.
- Performs simple and routine maintenance and repair of grounds, exterior structures, buildings, equipment, and related utilities.
- Cleans and services chemical toilets, restrooms, and other picnic or visitor facilities.
- Makes simple measurements using tape measures and squares.
- Receives, unloads, and processes incoming shipments according to established procedures. Reports discrepancies and damage.
- Understands and follows simple oral instructions.
- Understands and follows simple written instructions.
- Operates a light truck to pick up supplies and to transport materials to and from work sites while assisting on project work.
- Operates a forklift to load and unload supplies and light equipment not requiring special rigging.
- Uses simple hand tools such as hammers, shovels, saws, picks, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, brushes and rollers, electric drills/saws, and other power tools in a safe and acceptable manner.
Occasional travel - For training and meetings
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533711900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.