Thorough knowledge of VHA Directives for: VHA Outpatient Scheduling Processes and Procedures, Process for Managing Patients When Patient Demand Exceeds Current Clinic Capacity, Priority Scheduling for Outpatient Medical Services and Inpatient Hospital Care for Service Connected Veterans and Priority for Outpatient Medical Services and Inpatient Hospital Care. Knowledge of VA regulations, Systems Redesign Principles, local Medical Center memoranda/policies, and standard operating procedures.Learn more about this agency
- Provides medical administrative support to one or more outpatient clinics and is an integral member Of the outpatient clinic team to effectively carry out day-to-day administrative operations of the clinic.
- Responsible for accurate appointment management and the coordination of all administrative information between the professional staff and the patient.
- Updating and verifying demographic information, scheduling appointments, data entry, administratively managing imaging orders and notifying the patient of his/her scheduled appointment.
- Orients medical staff to basic administrative policies and procedures dealing with outpatient scheduling and other radiologic administrative topics.
- Provides administrative support to the administrative leadership, radiologist and techs.
- Provides excellent customer service and must adhere to VA local, National and Service policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of quality assurance/performance improvement principles and is responsible for assuring these administrative functions are carried out in the performance of their duties.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in one or more outpatient clinics that provide a variety of medical services.
- Performs a variety of administrative functions associated with patient care and treatment in one of several clinics performing a variety of medical services.
- Acquire knowledge of internal organizational procedures, knowledge of various facility services, knowledge of commonly used medical terminology and abbreviations, and VA acronyms and their meaning.
- Knowledge of enrollment, eligibility and beneficiary travel and will assist as a backup for these programs.
This medical center operates 24 hours, seven days per week and you may be required to work days, evenings, nights, holidays, and/or
weekends,to include modification in shifts and/or tours of duty, to meet medical center and patient care needs.
Compressed/Flexible: Department's Discretion
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Medical Support Assistant (Advanced)/600-02395A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: No
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533709700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.