VA Tennessee Valley Health Care System, Nashville Campus, is seeking a full-time Staff Otolaryngology. This position is assigned to the Surgical Service, under the supervision of the Otolaryngologist Section Chief. Incumbent is primarily responsible for providing medical care to veterans in the clinics as well as surgical procedures in the Operating Room.Learn more about this agency
RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION: Recruitment and/or Relocation incentive may be approved for highly qualified candidate.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Primarily responsible for providing Otalaryngology care to Veterans both clinically and surgically
- Responsible for resident supervision per VA guidelines
- Responsible for staffing Otalaryngology clinics
- Attendance at staff meetings and participation on committees as assigned
- Responsible for providing continuing education to nursing staff
- Responsible for performing all surgical procedures pertaining to Otalaryngology
- Responsible for timely medical records, including computer order/entry, signing and cosigning of notes
- Responsible for inpatient and outpatient Otalaryngology services
- Responsible for taking call on a rotating basis
- Supports Section Chief, Chief, Surgical Service and TVHS in obtaining Performance Measures
- Responsible for completing all VA mandatory and assigned educational trainings
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533591900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.