This position is part of the Programming and Budget Formulation Division which is responsible for the formulating, developing, recommending, and implementing policies and procedures pertaining to the establishment and management of budgeting, program cost assessment, and statistical reporting.Learn more about this agency
As a Budget Analyst at the GS-0560-12/13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Provides technical advice and assistance on budget formulation, presentation, and execution as well as oversight of the Agency funds control and certification process.
- Provides oversight for funds control and the analysis and reconciliation of accounting data.
- Reviews monthly financial reports.
- Prepares secondary exhibits for submission to higher authorities in support of DARPA's annual budget submission.
- Establishes and maintains control and oversight of data reported on Agency level financial reports.
- Conducts weekly analyses and prepares management information reports for the Comptroller.
- Performs research, analysis and reconciliation of accounting information by utilizing accounting and disbursement data within DAI.
- Provides recommendations to the Comptroller on changes to DARPA's financial and budget formulation systems as necessary to comply with DoD policies and regulations.
- Participates in the defense of the budget before Congress and budget hearings through review of testimony.
- Conducts periodic internal assessments and audits of the contractor supported functional areas
- In the absence of the Division Assistant Director, the incumbent may assume the responsibilities of that position in dealing with internal management and external authorities.
- This position will also support the other divisions within the Comptroller's Office on an as needed basis to allow cross-functional training to include financial analyses and reporting, budget execution monitoring and tracking, and business operations support in the area of budget formulation systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533586900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.