Selected candidate will function as an Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Dental Officer in the Dental Service at the OKC VA Medical Center. The Oklahoma City VAMC is a tertiary care teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology, as well as education/research. Incumbent will be proficient in all aspects of oral maxillofacial surgery and general dentistry procedures, including the ability to perform selected specialty services.Learn more about this agency
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Diagnosis of pathological or irregular oral conditions.
- Administering local anesthesia.
- Performing admissions, work-up and performance of surgical procedures of patients with illnesses, injuries and disorders of both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial regions.
- Performing dental-alveolar surgical procedures, reduction of facial fractures, placement of dental implants and biopsy procedures.
- Performing routine and complex extraction of teeth, exostosis removal and routine preprosthetic surgeries.
- Education and supervision of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery residents, Dental residents, interns and students.
Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to CBOC in Lawton or North OKC.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533503900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.