The selected candidate will play an important role in providing multi-disciplined security management solutions for the Department of Commerce, Office of Security (OSY) in support of Departmental operations throughout the country at the Headquarters location and various regional and field offices. This position will directly support and provide advice to management on aspects of various assigned OSY security programs to enhance security services, depending on the needs of the agency.Learn more about this agency
The selected candidate will serve as the Director of Security for the Office of Security’s Census Security Program. The selected candidate will support the full complement of security solutions as they relate to personnel, physical, information, and communications security, and emergency management and continuity.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating, planning, coordinating, and developing security services and support as it pertains to all aspects of the Census Security Program.
- Developing, evaluating and implementing organizational and security policies, procedures, standards, and regulations for nationwide security programs.
- Managing or directly supporting various security functions, including personnel, physical, information, communications, and emergency management and continuity.
- Conferring with, assisting, and advising bureau management and other senior Departmental staff members on security precedents, planning and policy development; and establishing and fostering open and collaborative communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Directing the work of subordinate staff and performing supervisory responsibilities that include: assigning work, establishing performance criteria and standards, evaluating performance, providing technical and administrative advice and assistance as needed, resolving complaints and grievances, providing staff development plans, and taking disciplinary actions.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Supervisory Security Specialist, ZA-0080-5, FPL 5 positions within the Office of Security, in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
This position is also being announced concurrently under Merit Promotion Procedures vacancy number: OS/OSY-2019-0047. Applicants who wish to be considered under MAP and DE must apply to both vacancies separately.
The Band 5 is equivalent to the Grade 15 on the GS pay scale.
25% or less - Position may require some domestic travel up to 25% of the time. Selectee may be required to work overtime.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533490500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.