Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Chief Counsel, Enforcement and Operations located in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
This position starts at a salary of $69,581.00 (GS-11, Step 1) to $152,352.00 (GS-14, Step 10) with promotion potential to $152,352(GS-14, Step 10).
In this position, you will become a key member of the legal team for The Office of The Chief Counsel. Typical work assignments include:
- Providing legal advice and services concerning the laws that relate to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) enforcement and operational functions with special emphasis on customs, immigration, investigations, national security, counter-terrorism, and intelligence law;
- Researching the law and prepares legal memoranda, litigation reports, declarations, and other documents in civil and/or criminal litigation or other actions involving CBP;
- Providing current information and legal advice to the field concerning significant changes and other developments in law and jurisprudence;
- Advising policy makers and coordinating legal issues with other agencies and components within the U.S. government and in support of international engagements; and
- Reviewing CBP regulations, policies, and other materials and develops, reviews, and delivers training or other legal presentations as appropriate to support CBP missions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533484000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.