The position is located in the Department of the Interior (DOI), Office of Secretary (OS), Office of Occupational Safety and Health, in either Washington, DC or Denver, CO. The incumbent serves as the Department’s expert and technical authority in overseeing and coordinating the DOI Evaluation Program, all Safety Program components, and Voluntary Protection Programs for the Office of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS).
There is one vacancy for either Washington, DC or Denver, CO.Learn more about this agency
At the full performance level GS-15 the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as a senior technical expert for DOI on all aspects of the Occupational Safety and Health Program (OSAHP). Responsible for the management, oversight and coordination of the DOI Safety Evaluation Program, Voluntary Protection Programs, and all other components of the DOI Safety Program.
- Set DOI policy for OHS, assess the quality of the program, and ensure that the Department has an established evaluation program.
- Develop long term plans and analyze statistics with bureau safety professionals to assure they are consistent with Departmental policy.
- Manage and coordinate the Department’s Evaluation Program with bureau managers, and provide guidance to bureau staff.
- Chair the Safety and Health Council. Provide leadership and facilitate coordination among the Bureau Occupational Health and Safety Programs throughout the Department’s DASHO Council and Safety and Health Council.
- Direct Department-wide initiatives that increase safety and health awareness, and promote safety as an organization value.
- Represent the Department and coordinate with other departments, agencies, and organizations nation-wide on safety and occupational health matters.
- As the Washington DC point-of-contact, provide advice and guidance on all facets of the DOI Occupational Safety and Health Program in facilitating and expediting activities and programs.
The Office of Occupational Heath and Safety has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for limited telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
Denver, CO: $134,629 - $166,500 per annum.
Washington, DC: $137,849 - $166,500 per annum.
First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lower salary range of the grade level.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 6-10 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533474300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.