THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Target Systems Repairer, Position Description Number D1142000 and is part of the WY Training Center Command, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of the position is to repair, install, operate, and maintain a variety of Army Standard Integrated Target Systems, such as Armor
Moving Target Carriers (AMTC), Infantry Moving Target Carrier Systems (IMTS), Target Holding Mechanism Tank Gunnery (THMTG) and Enhanced Remote Target Systems (ERETS). Operates computer-controlled target system consoles and develops scenarios for operation. Operates and performs maintenance on power generating and portable power source equipment. Arms, detonates, and/or disarms pyrotechnics and demolition devices. Fabricates and/or repairs metal, wood and cardboard targets. Operates and maintains vehicles assigned to the shop.
(1) Inspects and tests Army Standard Integrated Target systems, using wiring diagrams, schematics, technical manuals and test equipment (i.e., voltmeters, multiplexers, miniature consoles and digital multi-meters).
(2) Isolates faulty components and determines extent of repair or replacement required to restore power, signal or correct mechanical operation.
(3) Installs thermal target equipment to include, but not be limited to, AC or DC powered thermal heating panels.
(4) Develops training scenarios for down range target systems, using the computer controlled integrated target systems control panel.
(5) Operates and performs operational and organizational maintenance on gasoline and/or diesel powered generating systems and various portable power sources used in support of range control and target systems.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533466000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.