This Nurse Manager position is located in the Learning and Organizational Development Service, VA St. Louis Health Care System (VASTLHCS), St. Louis, Missouri. The Nurse Manager III is an expert nurse who demonstrates at the system level leadership and creative approaches to the management of education programs. The Nurse Manager Informatics is responsible for the documented outcomes at the program or service level.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Collects data and information related to informatics needs and other pertinent situations.
2. Creates strategies to lead and direct others in the development and maintenance of required knowledge and skills using appropriate research, policies/procedures, and other applicable resources.
3. Guides staff in the application of critical thinking and process improvement to promote staff involvement in planning, decision making, and evaluating outcomes, efficiency, safety, and resource management.
4. Establishes and communicates workplace priorities and makes assignments accordingly.
5. Skillfully performs in rapidly changing, atypical or crisis situations.
6. Collaboratively establishes work unit goals and leads a team to goal attainment.
7. Communicates and enforces policies and procedures
8. Manages work place issues with consistency and documents appropriately.
9. Functions as an expert consultant in clinical practice and/or in areas related to informatics.
10.Provides leadership in the development and implementation of the nursing informatics program throughout the Health Care System.
11.Regularly assesses, anticipates and establishes staffing plans that meet the workforce needs.
12.Adheres to safety regulations and reporting processes to protect and improve patient and staff safety.
13.Analyzes compliance monitor results and forms multidisciplinary teams to improve processes.
14.Guides, develops, and supports staff for leadership.
The Nurse Manager, Nursing Informatics reports directly to the Associate Chief Nurse, Learning and Organizational Development. The position has supervisory responsibilities.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (and as needed)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533429300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.