This position serves as the Senior Social Worker (Veterans Justice Outreach Specialist) at the Tibor Rubin, VA Long Beach Healthcare System for Social Work Service.The incumbent will serve in a senior or lead capacity with experience that demonstrates possession of advanced practice skills and judgment.Learn more about this agency
The Senior Social Worker Veterans Justice Outreach (VJO) provides outreach to identified community Veterans Courts, community events, and to community/county jails. Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Attends Veterans treatment court on designated days and to jails to interview Veterans.
- Determine eligibility for eligibility for VA services.
- Conducts thorough bio-psychosocial assessments.
- Meets with court personnel for case consultation.
- Communicates with the court treatment recommendations.
- Participates in community or VA events and Orange and Los Angeles county jails to advocate for Veterans with current or past justice issues.
- Intervention take place in a variety of settings and necessarily in the traditional office setting.
- Travel throughout the medical center and the community is a component of providing patient centered care.
- Must complete specific Jail security clearance before outreach can be conducted within the jail.
- Provide high-risk psychological assessments in crisis intervention.
Telework: Yes, to the discretion of the service
Compressed/Flexible: Yes, to the discretion of the service
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: No
PCS Authorized: No
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533421000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.