The VA St. Louis Health Care System is recruiting for 1 Full-Time, permanent, Nursing Assistants (NA) in the Spinal Cord Injury Unit.Learn more about this agency
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online On-Boarding process.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurses and providers in the performance of diagnostic examinations by performing duties such as vital signs, height, weight, finger sticks, etc. and document the specific information in the resident's computerized record.
- Responsible for collecting specimens ordered by the provider, such as blood by venipuncture, urine, and stool. The Phlebotomist serves the patients who receive care and service at the VAMHCS, both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Transports patients via wheel chair or gurney, and/or accompanies ambulatory patients who need assistance, to various areas within the hospital including clinics, diagnostic areas, and treatment areas.
- Assists in a complete range of treatments, procedures and diagnostic examinations including measuring and recording height and weight, monitoring vital signs, recording fluid intake and output, preparing and positioning patients, applying hot and cold packs, changing sterile dressings, administering EKG's, respiratory therapy, wound irrigation, oral and tracheal aspirations, cleaning tracheotomy tubes, changing tracheal dressings, monitoring IV fluids, administering tube feedings, lumbar puncture, minor surgical procedures, inserting straight or indwelling catheters, clamping and un clamping catheters as directed.
- Obtains and labels specimens to include clean catch urine specimens or sterile specimens.
Work Schedule: Rotating Hours
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533406200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.