General Information About This Position?
This position is located in the Dept Freedom of Information Act Office in the DOI, Office of the Solicitor. The mission of the DFO is to assess, improve, monitor, and govern the operations of the bureau FOIA offices. The incumbent reports to the Deputy Chief FOIA Officer (DCFO) and will assist the Chief FOIA Officer & DCFO to design, staff, operationalize, and administer the DFO and provide a wide range of management services to the CFO and DCFO.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as the Chief of Staff for the Departmental Freedom of Information Act Office (DFO) located in Washington, DC. The major duties include
- --Advising and assisting Deputy Chief FOIA Officer in developing the governance structure, recruiting staff, and managing the operations of the office;
- --Assisting in program planning, including collaborating with the SOL’s Div of Administration on budget formulation, contracts, facilities, and other administrative matters;
- --Conducting internal reviews along with functional alignment and related work flow analyses and studies to identify, and recommend resolution of problem areas to management officials;
- --Managing projects and program initiatives related to the mission of the DFO;
- --Serving as the head of communications for the DFO and as communications liaison with bureau leadership and FOIA offices;
- --Establishing and maintaining productive working relationships within internal and external stakeholders;
- --Serving as the subject matter expert for personnel management polices, position management, and other HR related matters. Provides advice and guidance on complex and sensitive personnel management issues;
- --Performing special projects as assigned involving the staffing, operations, and organization of the DFO;
- --Supervising administrative support staff as well as contract employees that provide business process consultant and IT project management services to the DFO.
The Office of the Solicitor has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval. The official worksite for the selectee is the duty location identified in this vacancy announcement. The selectee will typically report to this location on a regular and recurring basis.
For additional information on telework you may access the Department of Interior’s Telework Handbook at https://www.doi.gov/sites/doi.gov/files/telework_handbook_october_2012_rev_march_2013.pdf.
Occasional travel - Local travel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533392600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.