This position is located in the Ronald Reagan Building, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC, in the Office of Budget and Resource Management (BRM), at the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
We encourage all applicants to read the entirety of this vacancy announcement before beginning the application process.Learn more about this agency
BRM is responsible for strengthening USAID's resource planning processes and budget capabilities that prioritize investments and are informed by policy priorities and anticipated impacts. As the incumbent, you will analyze budget requests and recommendations from USAID, Department of State (DoS), develop options and recommendations for program budget requests and program budget allocations for the USAID Administrator, and report on and analyze program budget execution.
As a Budget Analyst, your duties will include:
- Reviewing and analyzing budget-related issues and foreign policy/foreign assistance issues, and applicable criteria, standards, and policy guidance, as well as new legislation that impacts USAID programs and resource allocations;
- Analyzing proposed funding levels at key points during the budget formulation process, including the OMB "pass back", and Congressional appropriation actions, and helping to develop options and recommendations for the USAID Administrator on appropriate responses;
- Verifying and monitoring program funding data in various financial systems, consolidating the data for an overview of the financial status of major programs and operations, and recommending decisions to senior management on Agency program budgets and resource allocations;
- Reviewing and analyzing base program funding and requests for increased funding against strategic plans, including country and sectoral plans, to ensure consistency with development priorities; and
- Preparing and contributing to reports and other presentations on budget formulation and execution.
Occasional travel - Travel to various meetings and conferences may be required, but will not exceed 25% of incumbent's responsibilities.
13 - Full Performance Level is GS-13
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533381000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.