The G.V. Sonny Montgomery VA Medical Center is actively recruiting a registered nurse for Patient Aligned Care Teams (PACT) to provide skilled and individualized professional nursing care to patients who exhibit a variety of most complex physical and/or behavioral problems. PACT is the model of care used to provide primary care services to veterans at the G. V. Sonny Montgomery VAMC.Learn more about this agency
- The PACT RN Care Manager uses the nursing process and evidence based practice to collaborate with the Teamlet (Patient, Primary Care Provider, RN Care Manager, LPN, and MSA) and larger team (family/caregiver, internal and community based services) involved in providing proactive, personalized, and patient centered care to the patient in developing the patient centered holistic plan for life.
- Responsible for collaborating with services internal and external to the G. V. Sonny Montgomery VAMC to facilitate care transition in order to effectively meet the patients' needs and provides a robust interdisciplinary approach to care; health promotion or disease prevention, acute, chronic, and long term needs, PACT RN Care Manager coordinates discharge follow-up from the hospital Emergency Department (ED) or Community Living Center (CLC) or reassignment to or from another PACT, and care from provider (s) of specialty care.
- Provides patient and family health education with a focus on self-management, based on the individual patient's goals. The PACT RN Care Manager helps the Veteran acquire the skills and resources they need to engage in seIf-care and self-management and provides Veterans with ongoing support and coaching needed to succeed in making and sustaining changes in their health through a personalized plan of care.
- Demonstrates leadership by serving as an advocate for patients, team player to colleagues as s/he continues to enhance his/her own and the team's professional growth, development, and practice.
- Provides nursing care to patients with chronic, acute, and terminal health problems.
- Promotes an atmosphere of caring by practicing positive customer service techniques through effective interaction with patients, visitors, and other personnel.
Functional Statement Title/#: Registered Nurse/000000
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): Authorized (if funding is available)
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements, and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533374700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.